Monday, June 23, 2008

We need hard and fast PRAYER, PLEASE

We need some heavy and hard prayers going up fast, please.
We got a call this morning saying Tommy will get Social security Disability starting in July. For $998 a month.
So I called our medicaid worker to tell her. She told me that Tommy would no longer qualify for his low income medicaid for July or after that. She said it was more than the $424 a month limit. She said that she is sending another app. for an Adult Type Medicaid, but she does not know if he will qualify. We just have to fill it out and see. She said she knows it helps with Medicare(people over 65, he's only 62), She said the other part of it will pay some on meds and dr. bills. But in reappling, it'll take 30 -60 days for an anwser. And his medicaid ends June 30th. So we need prayer that all goes well, and fast. In July, Tommy has his Zometa treatment($2,000) an all his meds and his hormone therapy (IV one is $3,000 and the pill therapy is $5,600) plus all his doctor visits. I am sorry but I can't figure out their thinking $998 a month will pay for all this. The medicaid worker said if he was getting SSI instead of disability, he would get medicaid. I really can't follow that line of thinking? If you are not able to work, they will not help. But if you can work they will!! I am sorry but I'm just not getting this. And needless to say, I'm really ticked off.
But this I know GOD is in control. His ways are not our ways and HE is never late. Please pray that all this works out fast and in time. Please pray for Tommy and I, to put all this in GOD's hands. To be very honest we are both scared, we have faith, it's just a little weak right now. This has been a very long and hard fight.
Well I've a lot more calls to make. But needed to up date everyone and ask yet again for your prayers.
Thank you all very much for your prayers.
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment