Sunday, June 29, 2008

Updates: Home, Garden, canning, Tommy's health

Good morning,

We have had 2 days of blessed rain. Thank you Lord. The gardens and well really needed it. And it helped to cools us off. It's been up above 90's, no AC in house, only AC in food barn ( some days I wish I was a jar of green beans and get to stay where it's cool).

The farm is doing great too. I am getting 21 + gallons of milk a week( I'm making cheese, ice cream, butter, canning, freezing, it all as Fast as I can), 80+ eggs a week ( I'm freezing eggs too, this works great when they slow down, you can freeze store bought eggs too), 2 chickens sitting( meat for this winter and replacing hens), 7 young chicks so far, the beefalo bull will being leaving us soon( I need steaks and I do not want to feed him this coming winter), 7 kittens( any one need one). I hope to dig up some new potatoes this week as I really do not want to buy any more store (yuck) potatoes, we ran out of our stored potatoes from last year two months ago. And tomatoes are almost ready to enter our bellies.

The garden is doing great, the Lord has blessed it yet again. We got a load (big) of mulch, to put in walk ways of the upper garden. Which will save me a lot of time, in not having to weed so much. I have canned 22 jelly jars of cheese sauce, 7 qt's. of milk, 4 qt's. of green beans, froze 6- 2liter bottles of milk. I'll have to pick green beans again Monday. This coming week I have to make strawberry jam, I had to freeze the strawberries because at the time they came in I was to busy to make jam. I have 8- gallon freezer bags of strawberries calling my name. I dried 3 batches of herbs.

Tommy is doing a little better. He still is tired all time and at times has a hard time breathing, but thank the Lord the pain is not as bad as before. We still have not as of today found a way to pay for his med's or doctor visits. So please keep praying.

We are so blessed, we may have no money, but we have what money can't buy. Thank you Lord, for your blessings on us. Lord, help me to always count my blessing and not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow is in YOUR hands. Thank you for always supplying all our needs.

Thank you all for your friendship. May God bless you all. Becky

Comments from Becky's Farm Life:

Your blog is fasinating. Could you please tell me how to freeze eggs? I am buying fresh eggs from my friends now but as you now the chickens can be fickle And how long do they last in the freezer? What is the best way to freeze milk? How do you can cheese and milk? Do you use a water bath or pressure canner? Thanks for the help.
Comment by hopefulheart June 29, 2008

Becky, I consider myself a religious person and know our Heavenly Father will look after our needs if we do our best to do what he asks of us. I love your blogs. My husband had emergency surgery two years ago (had over 18-inches of his bowel removed and was in the hospital two months). I am his caretaker now and am so glad to have our food supply to tide us over. I work at rotating and adding to all the time. It is so satifying to look at the stash and know that our tummies will be full. I don’t have a cow, chickens, etc., but I do watch for sales on everything I do buy. We, too, have been so blessed. I feel a kinship with what you are doing. Our prayers are with you and your family.
Comment by Bev. June 30, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment