Monday, September 22, 2008

I Have A Friend

When all these things started happening this year, my faith got weak. Why? because I was trying to change things I had no control over.( Tommy’s cancer back, no work, food and gas prices going up, etc.) I took my eyes off my Father and put them on what was going on around me.
Earlier this year, our family faith was well like on the back burner. There seem to be so much that had to be done, now. We had stopped going to church, we said because of gas prices, and just being tired. The Lord still looked out for us, but there were few blessing. I really missed having Him close to me and feeling Him near. We stilled prayed and honor Him in our home, but our fellowship with Him was gone. This pasted weekend, we went to a singing on Saturday night, and church Sunday morning. I felt like I was going home after a long trip. And the Lord was waiting for me there, Sunday, with His arms wide open. Oh, It felt so good to be back in His arms. Tommy did the same thing. We left church with a renewed faith, a brighter smile, and a overall peace. We still have our problems, and our fires to go through, but now we are walking hand and hand with our Father. ( I e-mailed this, this morning to a friend, and He told me to add it here, too.)
Then I remembered: When you have done all you can do , take your eyes off your self and help someone else with their problems and their needs. The Lord did not give us the ability to help ourselves but to help others. The Lord made us to help one another: to carry one others burdens, to pray for each other,to love one another.
In hard times, which all of us are in, sometimes it takes someone to remind us, that we need to take our eyes off ourselves. Someone reminded me.
I look daily for the Lord blessing, all around me. He’s still in control. When the worry or fear bug tries to bite me, I remember what the Lord has done all around me. I’m so glad the Lord never gives up on us.
The Lord is always amazing me: the ways He chooses to bless everyone, the people He uses to bless others( some of which do not belong to Him , yet.) Thank you Lord for looking after Your children and loving us so much.
I’m human and at times my faith grows weak. But then here comes Jesus right on time. I have grown in Him so much this year, through all the hard times and all the fires. I am thankful He has walked me through them all. As there was only one set of foot prints in the sand.
Do I have all the answers ? No, but my friend does. And no, I’m not asking for anything but your prayers for our family.
And thank you to all who have left comments and are praying for us. You all have blessed me so much. Thank you again.
Do you know my friend?
He is looking for you and waiting for you to come home and His arms are wide open.
Please read comment #6 ,it’s great!!!!!
Becky
Technorati Tags:

September 22, 2008 - Posted by Becky blessings 8 Comments
8 Comments
»
Becky, this is so touching. I am in complete agreement with everything you said from your heart. When my Dh lost his job a few years ago, we went through a very hard time, especially emotionally and spiritually. It was the biggest time of spiritual growth for both of us and we are so thankful for it now. When I let it all go and gave it to Jesus, all the problems were still there…but they were no longer ours. We felt such peace and knew without a doubt that the Lord was holding us in His loving arms and would take care of us in EVERY situation. I am so happy for you! The Lord is always there, we just need to reach out and take His hand.Bless you!Joyce
Comment by Joyce September 22, 2008


Thank you Becky, for taking the time to remind me that we are always “welcome home” …..I count finding you as one of my blessings
Comment by Amanda September 22, 2008


Becky, isn’t it wonderful when you have those moments of absolute clarity and absolute certainty that you are NEVER alone?
Comment by Linda September 22, 2008


I lost my job 4 months ago, I had medical bills and pressure from a debt collection agency. I was scared enough to make me sick. Well I still have the bills but I also realize there was nothing I could do. When you have no money & no way of getting any…what else could you do but keep moving forward one step at a time. Out of all of this I have learned to live simple and to be thankful for what I do have. It has been a test for me to put into action to live the life I was “suppose” to be living all along, by FAITH. The Lord knew what I needed and I am learning with HIS GRACE. The “fear” of what will I do if this or that happens still pops up…but it does not last long. Why? Because like this song says…I’m living by faith in Jesus aboveTrusting confiding in HIS great loveSafe from all harm in HIS sheltering armsCause I’m living by faith and I feel no alarm.Prayers to you & your family from Oregon
Comment by Sage WhiteOwl September 23, 2008


Joyce,This has been our over all toughest times both emotionally and spiritually. But our Lord is taking us on one day at a time. Thank you.
Amanda,Please let me know how Sunday goes. And may God Bless you to overflowing.
Linda,Yes, It is. Thank you.
Sage White Owl,Isn’t His GRACE awsome!! Thank you for your comment as I know it will help others. God bless you and keep you in His arms. Thank you for your prayers too.
You all are a wonderful blessing to me. Thank you.Becky
Comment by jordansfarm September 23, 2008


In my reading today, I came across this quote. In my fears for our country’s future and concern for how I will take care of the family, it was a great comfort…also, a realization that I need to repent of my worry! Here’s the quote: “…if all things are in His hand, if the very hairs of our head are numbered; if every event, great and small, is under the direction of His Providence and purpose; and if He has a wise, holy and gracious end in view, to which everything that happens is subordinate and subservient;–then we have nothing to do, but with patience and humility to follow as He leads, and cheerfully to expect a happy issue….How happy are they who can resign all to Him, see His hand in every dispensation, and believe that He chooses better for them than they possibly could for themselves!” ~John Newton, who wrote the hymn, “Amazing Grace”
Comment by Linda J September 23, 2008


Linda J,That is so great!!! Thank you very much. I went in and made it bold to be sure it stands out.Thank you again, I really like it. I am going to type it out and print it.Becky
Comment by jordansfarm September 23, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment