Tuesday, September 16, 2008

God and i

Last week was a bad week. Tommy's health was not good. I really had a hard time just making it from hour to hour. But I made it, and Tommy is doing better. A friend called this past Saturday and said that the Lord had laid me on her heart all week and that she sent prayers up for me. I just started crying. I told her about the week and that I know I made it because of her prayers. I felt alone last week, but God had some one filling in the gap. God was there watching out for me.

Then for the last two weeks or so, everyone including my hubby, keep saying how strong I was. Well I felt anything but strong, and honestly I have never felt so weak. I want to be truthful with everyone and no pretending.  I started praying, "Lord, why are they saying these things when they are not true.  Lord, I am no where near strong, I am at my weakest times. "  I keep praying about this, as it really troubled me.

Well the Lord answered loud and clear this morning while I was milking. And all I could do was cry and thank Him.

Here is what he brought to my mind, loud and clear:

"And  he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." 2 Cor. 12: 9 - 10

What an eye opener. They are not seeing my strength but God's. For when I am weak, then am I strong.

I posted this for a few reasons.

  1. When the Lord lays someone on your heart to pray for, please do it, and let that person know. It makes a big difference when you know someone is praying for you, and God is calling someone in to fill in the gaps.
  2. I want others to see how God works, and that He never leaves His children.
  3. Someone out there some where needs to read this. Is it you? He is sending it to you too.
  4. And so I will never forget: For when I am weak, then I am strong.

 

God loves each one of you.

Becky 

Technorati Tags: ,

Comments:

  1. Thanks for posting “God and I.” I am one who needed it!
    Blessings & Prayers to you and your family…from Oregon! Comment by Sage WhiteOwl | September 16, 2008 |

  2. I did a wonderful study once on the scripture that talk about God’s strength. It was an eye opener to learn that our strength is given to us from God. Amazing! I’m thankful He gave you the strength you needed. I know you are facing some extremely painful and difficult days. May the Lord continue to be your constant companion.
    Blessings, Georgene Comment by Georgene | September 16, 2008 |

  3. Becky,  You are such a blessing, and I appreciate your posts so much. When we are at our worst, He is at His best! I continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.  God bless you!  Stacie Comment by arksoaper | September 16, 2008 |

  4. Thank you, Becky  It’s good to be reminded of God’s eternal and never failing love. I was praying for you last week too. I have learned to never miss the opportunity to pray for another when the Lord places it on my heart. In fact, it is my privilege to pray for others. I will continue to pray for you and for Tommy, Blessings, Joyce Comment by Joyce | September 17, 2008 |

  5. Thank you all for your prayers, and kinds words here. I know this blog has blessed me so much. All of you ladies are so wonderful, and a great blessing to me. Thank you all again. Becky Comment by jordansfarm | September 17, 2008 |

 

No comments:

Post a Comment