Friday, October 10, 2008

Economic Situation - Recession- Life ahead

It's time to take this serious. This is not going away any time soon. Those of you who thought this would blow over, well it hasn't, it's blown up. And now it's effecting the whole world.  I'm not telling you to start worrying but if you have not started preparing, you had better start now. This will take years, yes years, to get worked out. Take a really good look around you, this is touching everyone you know.  Some of you might think that I'm just over reacting and that I'm trying to start a panic, well I'm not. I just want people to open their eyes before it's to late for them to do anything.  And I'm sorry to say, I don't think our government can fix it now, only the good Lord can. This is effecting more and more people, day by day, and around the world.  We should start helping each other, bring bartering back from the old days, start growing more of our food in the USA and in our yards, trade things, learn from each other, stop living outside our means, stop waiting for the government to help us as they can't help themselves. Am I downing the USA and our government, no, I'm saying we all are human and even they make mistakes. And some mistakes are not made right over night. 

What can you do now?

  1. pray
  2. get knowledge on every thing you can
  3. stock a little of something every time you can
  4. start reading up on growing a garden next year, look into a few chickens
  5. find ways to make do with what you have
  6. read , talk to people, learn something new 

I am searching the Internet as often as I can, and I am saving the  information to my computer and printing it off. There will come a time when we will no longer be able to pay the Internet bill, which will mean I will really need the information I looked up. Yes, ink and paper cost money, but if you change the font to small, you can it a lot on one page and print on both sides. I have a new folder called "Making do in hard times", when I print it off, it goes right into this folder.

Here are a few of the things I looking up: healing herbs, how to cook over a camp fire and in the ground with coals, homemade reusable pads and napkins and bath paper,other uses for things you already have, what wild plants are eatable, ways to store water and ways to make it safe to drink, homemade solar ovens from things around your home, washing clothes by hand, making clothes soap,  storing meat without a canner/freezer/cooking it,  make candles from candle ends and leftovers, what wild plants can my farm animals eat safely or what can I grow for them: if I can no longer buy feed for them,ways to keep food good without canning/freezing/ ice boxes, homemade tooth paste, the list goes on and on.

Will I ever need to use all these things? I hope not, but I can if I need too. ( and with them in the folder, my great grand kids might need the information). I don't do all this now, but I do have the how to's when I need them. Some of these, I have already started doing just to save money. 

Get the knowledge now, for when it's needed later. Prepare for the very worse and pray hard for the best.

 In God We Trust, Becky

Comments:

  • Some of us have had this feeling in our gut (God-given, no doubt) that something was coming. There are so many more folks that are canning-the number of folks on your website asking for information-shows that some folks were listening to their inner voice.
    Your suggestions are great and I agree 100%. God is still in control of all things. Any other insights or links you may find time to pass on would be greatly appreciated. You and your family continue to be in my prayers.  Comment by Linda J | October 10, 2008 |

  • I agree with you completely, Becky. I’ve been printing things off just in case I need them later (or maybe someone else will). Some websites have already gone down that once had a lot of good information. One thing I just learned how to do is wash clothes manually. Take a plastic Rubbermaid tote with a lid and a new red toilet plunger, cut a hole in the lid large enough for the handle of the plunger to go through, and use this contraption as your washing machine. A friend suggested drilling a few holes in the rubber part of the plunger so it washes even better. It takes about 200 plunges, but they say it really gets clothes clean. Now I just need to find something to use as a wringer. God bless you and yours always! We continue to lift you and Tommy up in prayer. Comment by arksoaper | October 10, 2008 |

  • Becky, I so agree with you! I think we are in for some VERY scary times ahead. All we can do is pray and prepare as much as we can. Like you, I have been printing out as much as I can for over a year now. I would like to say it is all neat and organized, nope, pretty much in a big pile, but if I need the info and recipes, they are there! I have also been talking with my son (20 years old) and he agrees that things are going to get tough and we spent about an hour today brainstorming how to reduce our expenses and stretch what we have! Hubby is “on board” too. Our family will be replacing our very old (23+ years) freezer some time next week. Then I am going to work hard on restocking. I have been using down the freezer for a while now because I was so afraid it would die while full of food. I am also planning on doing a big stock up at Aldi this weekend to replenish some areas of my pantry. While my pantry may look very stocked to the average person, I’m afraid I need to have even more to avoid drastic increases in prices that are to come. As I said, all we can do is pray and prepare. Thank you for starting this website as you are a great motivator and a great source of information in my preparations. God bless! Comment by Linda | October 10, 2008 |

  • Linda J, We have been preparing for over a year and half now. And I am working now on posts with links and information, and I’ll post them as I can. Thank you for your prayers.

    arksoaper, How have you and your family been lately? I know about the web sites closing down, I’ve printed off them and wanted to post their links for others to see and their gone. I hope it’s OK, if I just type out the information for you all. thanks for the tote idea, as I had a 5 gallon bucket with a lid ready and waiting. I could get a lot more done in a tote. Let me know if you find something to work as a wringer, I think this part will be the hardest.Thank you for your prayers. Have a great day.

    Linda, Well my pile is not neat and organized, but it’s all in one place. It’s great that all your family is will to help, this really makes life so much easier. Let me know how is going with restocking your pantry. And I’m praying for will find the best sales while restocking.

    Becky  Comment by jordansfarm | October 11, 2008 |

  • Becky, I read your comment on my blog. I do have something I want to impart to you. Get online, find a source for raw bloodroot, and have your husband ingest about a half a teaspoon of it (powdered) each morning. It will kill his cancer. Another thing, if you would like to communicate, go to my email address and I most certainly will reply. I am actually an expert on most things pertaining to survival, but am not a steely-eyed gun toting redneck. I love the Lord first and foremost, which is rare for someone in my profession. Blessings upon you and your precious family.  Most respectfully, Tuklo Nashoba (translates to Two Wolf in English) Comment by Tuklo Nashoba | October 11, 2008 |

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment