Monday, November 17, 2008

What’s going on here? 11/17/08

Here it was 28 this morning with frost. It’s been chilly here lately. I guess winter is here. I have made my first pair of baby socks, they are so little and cute. And I just started Tommielynn’s socks. Tommielynn is still trying to fight off a cold/sinus. She’s doing pretty good. She has made a new friend up the road, and has been spending some time up there with her. Which I think is great, as it gets her out of the house for a while. Someone has to be here with Tommy at all times (due to having to take pills around the clock and him being weak), which means when I have to run to town get his meds, etc: Tommielynn has to stay here with Tommy. She does not get out as much as before. Tasha tries to get her out of the house as much as she can, too. Thank you Lord for sending her a new friend.
Tommy has been sleeping a lot lately. But his pain is better and he’s not getting sick any more, but has had nausea. He says he’s really tired and weak and tired of both. He has been eating a lot of apples and oranges as he says they taste so good. At this point, I’ll give him anything he wants to eat. He does eat a little dinner but not much.
I have been taking naps and rest when I can. Sorry to say, I only do what has to been done in the house and on the farm. My house is a mess. But trying to do it all was not working well. So now I do what I can, and the rest is on hold until I get time. So when you come over just don’t look around to much. When Tommy’s up, I do nothing but spend time with him. I still have not gotten the bunk bed set put together or the sewing room done and ready for my daughter and company.
So those of you out there trying to be a super mom/wife, you had better slow down, and enjoy life more, one day at a time. Because the days and time pass to fast. I have learned this lesson the hard way. I can’t do it all.( boy, is that hard to say) I do what I can, and leave the rest to the Lord. Spotless house or time with my family and rest for me??? I guess I’m as hard headed as Tommy. (don’t tell him I said that or I’ll never hear the end of it.)
Thank you Melaine and girls for the wonderful dinner brought last night, and the smile you put of Tommy’s face with your hugs and smiles. And thank you for your prayers. Melaine told Tommy that her children pray nightly for him, hearing that really blessed us. Melaine, thank you very much for your friendship. I pray that God would bless your family to overflowing and fill you all with His peace.
Thank you all who have signed the guestbook at Caring Bridge Site for Tommy, as your comments have blessed Tommy and myself. Knowing so many of you really care and are praying for us is a wonderful blessing to us. Thank you for taking the time to pray for us and leave your comments saying so. May God bless you all to overflowing.
Very humbled and blessed,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment