Friday, November 7, 2008

Updates - Tommy & Farm 11/7/08

(This post will be on my blogs and Caring Bridge, this time they’ll be the same as to save a little time this morning.) Sorry it’s been a few days; good, bad and busy.
First off Tommy:
( Wed.) Tommielynn and I came back from town to find: Tommy up and dressed, the hospice nurse and social worker here. And Tommy grinning from ear to ear. I asked him why? He said I got the tractor fixed while you were gone, and I needed my vit. D from the sun and it felt great. He looked wonderful and his smile was so bright. The hospice people were please with how he was doing today.  He did get sick twice before dinner, and was really tried this evening, but he was still smiling. Tasha  brought us KFC chicken for dinner, which he ate and keep down. 
(Thurs.) Tommy was really tried and hurting in his legs bad, and his nerves were bad again. He really enjoyed talking to everyone who called/ he called. He did not get sick at all. He is still riding his bike in the evenings.

Farm:  Well I took my computer in Wednesday to see what was wrong with it. The guy said it had a very bad virus, that wiped out my computer. And this virus had hit hundreds of people so far. He could not find nothing left on it. Tommielynn and I just started crying. All of our family  photos, all my research for cancer, everything I had done for the last year, GONE. Tommielynn said what about the photos of my dad? The guy said they were gone. That hurt us both the most. When I told Tommy, he was in tears too. So the guy reinstalled what he could and installed avast antivirus and spybot on my computer(he said this is what he uses on his computers and it’s free from the Internet), and gave me a 4MG USB 2.0 Data Traveler to save my things to until I could buy a cd burner to save to. My cd only plays. (Does any one know how much information and photos I can put on 4MG?)
So any of you who I have personally e-mailed, Please send me a short e-mail so as I can get your address in the book again. This is why some of you have not heard from me.  And for our family, if you have photos please burn them to cd’s for us and send them, please. We have none left. I can’t save them until I get a CD burner.
I have only the photos on my blogs, which I am so very thankful for. Tommy was really worried about Caring Bridge too, I told him it was saved to the Internet. Which he did not understand, as he does not do computers. I told him it was still there. Which he and I are thankful for too. My best links where saved on my blogs too. Now I just have to refind all the others. So I have been trying to get the computer , Becky friendly again. So please bear with me. I will be posting more as I get this thing working again.

My daughter ,Tasha, came by Wednesday and told us we were going to be grand parents in about June.  Then she called last night and said her land lord wants her out by Dec. So back home she comes. We are happy to be grandparents, life happens. Just love and go on. So my sewing/computer room is getting yet another make over. I really need a bigger house. LOL  This will be my first grand baby. For those of you who are already grandmas, do you have any helpful hints?  Tommy swears it’s going to be a boy, and he was right about Tommielynn being a girl. So we will see if he is right again.
Well I had better get things moving this morning.
Hope you all have a blessed day.
Becky

Comments:

  1. We just had our tenth grandchild this year. My youngest son and his family were living with us so I got to see the little guy every day. They have moved out of the house now so I don’t see him as often. I’m not sure that I have any advice because I’m still learning but my ‘banner’ for being a grandparent is 1 Cor. 10:31… whatsoever you do, do all for the glory of God. We are always watching for ways to teach them about Christ. Currently, Bapa is having them memorize the Romans Road (scriptures that will lead a person to salvation). Tonight is the first Friday night that he will call each of those that can read (there are 6 that can read) to see if they have memorized Romans 3:10. If they have then he will take them to ice cream. I think he should have waited until they memorized all 5 scriptures but he insisted on a weekly visit.  Anyway, that is my heart. I want more than anything in this world for my grandchildren (and children) to be in heaven. Congrads on your upcoming blessing! (and OH do I understand changing rooms around to fit our children coming back home… we call them our ‘boomerang children’.  Comment by Georgene | November 7, 2008 |

  2. So glad to hear Tommy is smiling - I know that makes you happy. Wish I knew something about computers but I don’t so can’t help you on that front. But, as to grandchildren, they are wonderful blessings from God and you will definitely find a new life is inspiring. My youngest nephew and his wife are expecting a little girl in February - it is exciting for entire family. P.S. My sister loved the book I got for her birthday - it is the one you talked about in an earlier writing. Can’t remember the name of it as I send this. Comment by Kay Peebles | November 7, 2008 |

  3. Upload your photos to photo bucket.com or another photo site. Even if you loose your own drive, you can download them back onto your computer when you get it fixed. It is a great way to save photos. And don’t erase your cards from your camera when you load them. Just buy another card to fill. They are not expensive, and will hold the pictures for you as a back up. Finally, I would suggest you print special ones just to have a “hard copy”. WM charges twenty-four cents a print here. It is worth it just to keep a hard copy of a nice family picture in case of computer failure. I’m so sorry about your husband. Comment by teri | November 9, 2008 |

No comments:

Post a Comment