Thursday, November 13, 2008

11-13-08 Update

    I woke up this morning to a light rain outside. Thank you Lord for the rain we need so badly. Thank you all for your comments and prayers. I have really missed you all and my time here. 

    My new baby chicks are growing so fast. They have their wing feathers now. The milk cow, Peaches, is still giving us milk, and no signs of heat. I will give her one more month to make sure she is with calf. The chickens have slowed down a little on their eggs, about 8-10 a day.

    I have canned more milk, froze more eggs. And thankfully, I'm running out of freezer space.  Three freezers full is a great blessing. A local church is going to bless us with a turkey for Thanksgiving. They had called and asked if they could, I said yes that would be a great blessing. Thank you Lord for looking out for us. As I had not even thought of a turkey yet, or a Thanksgiving meal.  And I have so much to be thankful for. Thank you Lord for all your blessing on us.

   With a grand baby on the way, I need knitted sock, hat, etc. patterns.  I have not had time to search the Internet. So if any of you could help, I'd be very thankful. 

   Gas prices are down here to about $2.00 a gallon. But yesterday, the station down the road was out of 87 and 89. I don't know what's up with that. I had new tires put on the back of the truck yesterday. As the tires that came with the truck were in places showing wires. The tire shop men are friends of ours and only charged me for the tires. Thank you Lord for that blessing.

   Tommielynn is getting a cold/ sinus. So I started her on the silver water nose drops. Which she did not like at all. She is doing pretty good. Thank you for praying for her.

   More and more of my friends are losing their jobs and homes, and having a really hard time making ends meet.  I so wish I could do more to help them, as this really breaks my heart. I look around and see so many people in worse shape than we are, and I'm not sure how to help them.  I'd move them all in here if I had the room. We share what food and things we can with them. But I so wish I could do more. This mess the US is in will not go away for many years. With God's grace we all will make it through this, if we help one another.  And it does my heart good to see that people are helping one another. Trading things, bartering things, giving things, teaching new things, helping others any way you can, is making a difference, just look around. When you help someone, then they help someone, it keeps going on and on. We need each other, now more than ever before. I'm not telling you to give away all your money. Sometimes people just need an ear (your time to listen), help doing something that they would of had to pay someone to do, a meal for their family, out grown clothes passed around, extra things you have and are no longer using. You can help others with out spending a dime. And they will be there for you when you need help, or the Lord will send others to help you. You can not out give GOD. I dare you to try it. I have seen Him meets needs before they were needs. My God is an awesome God.

Becky

Comments:

  1. God is so awesome, isn’t he? Praying for you and yours. It is a good feeling to have that food in store, isn’t it? I have one freezer, but only 3 people to feed. I usually go by the pay it forward philosophy. If I can help someone, no matter how, I do it. Then, I tell them to help someone else when they can - it always comes back around. I had someone help me when I was down and out a while back and have never forgotten it. God Bless! Much love, Raquel XO Comment by Raquel | November 13, 2008 | 

  2. I’m a very beginning knitter and I have not used any of these patterns but I had them bookmarked. Very cute and simple bib. http://www.knitlist.com/2003/babybib.htm  Tons of free knit patterns for babies as well as crocheted and sewn.  http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/baby.html Hope you find some patterns you like. Congratulations on the upcoming grandbaby. Comment by Jessi | November 13, 2008

  3. I am so happy to hear you have so much food put by. I am trying my hardest to get things stocked fully here. Of course, since i don’t keep a separate “emergency stock”, we eat from our pantry and are constantly using it down while trying to stock it full. But i am trying to stock in more quantity than we use, lol.  I feel so bad. My DH’s company will be letting some people go, not my DH, thank you God, but several others. This is a hard time to be let go. My DH is doing everything he can to try to at least keep some of the people…but he has only been with the company a short while and doesn’t have much “pull”. The big bosses will do what the big bosses want to do, no matter what he says. This is just such a hard time for everyone. And, like you, I don’t see it getting easier any time soon. Keep stocking your home and trust in the Lord…he will never let us down. Comment by Linda | November 13, 2008 |

  4. Raquel,  Thank you for your prayers.
    Jessi, Thank you for the links, they are great. Thank you taking the time to post them for me.
    Linda,  Keep at your stocking, sooner than you think your pantry will be overflowing. Try hiding some things under beds or in closets, out of sight, out of mind, this might help some.  Becky  Comment by jordansfarm | November 15, 2008 |

 

No comments:

Post a Comment