Saturday, August 23, 2008

Things I Have Been Making

This is a knitted oven door towel. "Shake , Rattle and Roll" Pattern can be found HERE .

IMG_0010

A knitted placemat, and pattern found HERE .

IMG_0007

Rachel's Knitting Corner Blog has a lot of patterns for sale and free patterns, too. A great site.

IMG_0008

Knitted dish clothes. These were really fun to knit. The patterns were free on line.

IMG_0012

Here are a few of my home made pads. I used flannel baby blankets from the thrift store, 25 cents a blanket and each one made two pads.

IMG_0013

This was a flannel king size fitted sheet for $1 , and is now going to be napkins.

IMG_0014

This is a knitted clothes pin holder.

IMG_0017

This is the 8 foot bench that Tommy made for the kitchen table, to hold all of our family. They all signed it before they left. It's heavy and takes two big men to move it.

IMG_0015

IMG_0016

Have a blessed day.

Becky

Comments:

  • I love that bench! It looks beautifully made. And hurrah for cloth pads, especially the thrifty use of recycled fabrics. =) Comment by Put a Sock in it August 23, 2008

  • Wow, you have been busy! I do not mind clicking to see your pictures. I only mentioned the resizing because when I first started on homesteader, I was so frustrated to have my pictures disappear and not know why. I have another place on Google BlogSpot and it is so much easier. I put many more pictures there because it is less time consuming. All your hand made products are so pretty and thrifty! I love your way of recycling. Comment by hopefulheart August 25, 2008

  • What a clever idea and use of baby blankets….cloth pads. Where did you get your pattern? Comment by plantinthings September 6, 2008

  • plantinthings,
    Thank you for stopping in.
    Here is the link to the cloth pads pattern:
    http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/sanitarypads.htm Comment by jordansfarm September 6, 2008

  • Thanks dear…..your full of knowledge and helpful tidbits. Comment by plantinthings September 6, 2008

  • 1 comment:

    1. the knitted towel and placemats look great!!
      well done!

      ReplyDelete