Monday, July 20, 2009

Update: 7/20/09

   Well, I now have one week's worth of school work under my belt. Boy, I forgot how much work you have to do. I am learning so much. I'm taking 3 classes and they keep me on my toes, along with Gabby. I got an e-mail from my school saying they would transfer 4-classes = 16 credits, and I needed 96 for my degree. Starting out with the 16 is great. Boy, I was doing the happy dance all over the place. The 4 classes were the hardest for me, two of which were Composition 1 &2. Writing is not my strongest area, term papers are not like writing here. The Lord answered prayers again, thank you Lord and thank you all for praying. But don't worry, I still get to practice writing those term papers. I have three due this Saturday. I printed off a ream of paper, on how to write a term paper as it's been 12 plus years. As soon as I get these three wrote , I'll be fine and breath a little easier.

   This week at school has made me leave my comfort zone more than once. Most times I took a step with shaky knees, and others with a lot of prayer. That comfort zone of ours is a nice place, the only thing is,  you don't grow much there. I believe it's just a resting place.  And I really like it there. :) But I want and need more in my life, so I have step out. The Lord must have big things planned for me as I have not been able to stay in that comfort zone of mine much this year. And that at times has been scary. Like most people I want to grow, but I don't want to leave my comfort zone to do so. So I'm taking steps of faith, one day at a time.

   The girls have been a great help this passed week, fixing dinner and cleaning house, letting me study, etc. As I try and fit my schooling into the day, along with everything else. Thank you girls. :)

   My truck is on it's last leg. I no longer take it to town, just a corner store that is less than a mile away. That way when it dies, I'll be close to home and the auto repair shop. So I have been borrowing a car and shop for two weeks worth at a time. So please pray that I'll sell the tractor, so I can buy a small car. My neighbors have been great. ( another step out of my comfort zone) You don't see having a car as being in a comfort zone, well hopefully you will never find out it is. Sometimes being an independent person has it's draw backs. (yet another lesson I'm learning). Boy, it's great I enjoy learning new thing, or this year would of really, really been hard on me.

   Gabby is 3 weeks old today. She is such a joy to have in the house. Tasha is a great mommy ,too.  Gabby is getting her fill of love, while she gives us her smiles and funny faces.

   The youth group came out for two days, last week. Oh what a wonderful blessing they were.  My yard got mowed, weed eated, garden weeded, some things moved around. What a blessing the Lord sent. As the yard was getting high, and first week of school, He was watching out for us yet again, Thank you Lord.

There are blessings in everyday, you just have to find/look for them, they are not all big blessing. And at times the smallest blessing are really the biggest.

   Well it's time to hit the books. I pray you all find at least one blessing today.

Becky

  

No comments:

Post a Comment